The National Association of Landscape Professionals has a conglomerate of industry experts, ready and waiting to assist you with ANY question you have!
The National Association of Landscape Professionals has a conglomerate of industry experts, ready and waiting to assist you with ANY question you have! Have a nagging HR question that has been on your mind? Want to set up a safety program for your company but don't know the first step? Want to diversify your business but not sure which direction to take? Want to know the easiest and best ways to maximize your membership benefits? We are here for you!
NALP Director of Membership
My sole purpose at the National Association of Landscape Professionals is to help YOU maximize your membership benefits. Using the hundreds of tools and resources available to you as a member, I guarantee that together, you and I can grow your business. Have an industry question but don't know where to turn? I'm here. Hoping to put together a safety program but don't know the first steps? Call me. Want to gain some recognition in your community but not sure the best route to take? I can help you. Just pick up the phone and call me — 800-395-2522.
Learn about the 5 Most Valuable Resources in the Member Center by watching our archived webinar.
FREE TO MEMBERS
- Provides e-mail answers to member questions about safety, OSHA policies, checklists, and forms.
- Supplies bi-lingual safety resources and information.
- Members – Log in by clicking here to access Sam's contact information.
Legal or Human Resources Questions?
Lehr Middlebrooks Vreeland & Thompson, P.C.
FREE TO MEMBERS
Members – Log in by clicking here to access Richard's contact information.
- Answers routine legal questions affecting your business, including employment, contracts, and compliance issues.
- Provides legal tips in The Landscape Professional monthly column.
- Offers subscriptions to Employment Law Bulletin — a free e-mail newsletter available on request at lehrmiddlebrooks.com/news/subscription-employment-law-bulletin.
- Answers questions about a new hire, termination, policy/procedure, compensation, overtime, coaching an employee, state or federal employment regulation, unemployment claim, drug testing, pay plan, performance issues, sexual harassment, and other HR matters.
- Access at National Association of Landscape Professionals conferences, seminars and webinars. Learn about critical HR issues and receive practical tips and ideas to enhance your HR practices!
"The association has become a member of our management team. Its legal and HR advisers are particularly valuable, helping us meet our operations and growth goals efficiently."
— Liz Jackson, Manager of Business Affairs, Bob Jackson Landscapes, Inc.
Public Relations Needs?
NALP Director of Communications
FREE TO MEMBERS
- Answers questions about how to write a public relations plan.
- Consults with members regarding media and interview questions.
- Sends out press releases on new members, certified individuals and participants of Legislative Day on the Hill and Arlington National Cemetery
project, as well as other events to member's top media outlets.
- Members – Log in by clicking here to access Lisa's contact information.
Laws, Regulations, or Industry Issues?
NALP VP of Government Affairs
FREE TO MEMBERS
- Answers questions about laws and regulations, and customer concerns about lawn care products and services.
- Plans and coordinates Legislative Day on the Hill and works with NALP lobbyist.
- Works on legislative and regulatory issues involving immigration, H-2B visas and environmental areas and answers members questions in these areas.
- Coordinates legislative activities with state associations and tracks state bills affecting the lawn and landscape industry.
- Provides information for stories and articles about lawn and landscape industry issues.
- Members – Log in by clicking here to access Paul's contact information.
Trailblazers represent an elite group of dedicated professionals who were nominated by their peers for making significant and long-term contributions to the landscape industry in the areas of Design/Build/Installation, Interior Plantscaping, Landscape Management, and Lawn Care. Direct influences in the green industry, these individuals are committed to helping their peers and the green industry. Each Trailblazer sets aside a full day each year to provide on-site mentoring to another association contractor member. This in-depth, personalized networking and mentoring program is a unique way for emerging and established companies to gain insight and advice on developing and growing their businesses.
"I will just say my Trailblazer was just awesome and I think his help and his openness about how he runs his company will help us get to the next level. Definitely one of the best experiences I have had in the industry."
— Joe Markell CLP, President, Sunrise Lawn/Landscaping Services, Inc., Sterling, VA.
Trailblazers on Call
Have a tough business or technical question, but don't know where to turn? Need advice on how to take your business to the next level? The answers are at your fingertips with Trailblazers on Call. It's that easy!
- Over 30 seasoned industry veterans are standing by to give you real-world advice gained through their own experiences.
- 24-72 hour turnaround response system
- Free for members!
- Simply e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your question will then be distributed directly to one of our remote Trailblazers who will then call you to discuss your inquiry. If you have questions regarding this program, please call Amy Easterday at 800-395-2522 ext. 110 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
"I had some questions regarding financial planning for my business and needed some industry specific information. I e-mailed my question to the association and within a day I received a call from a Trailblazer who provided some great information. And best of all, it was easy and informal."
— Carl Rantzow, Selkirk Landscape Services, Inc., Spokane, WA
*The Trailblazers on Call program is a relationship between the Trailblazer and the member company, facilitated by the National Association of Landscape Professionals. Opinions expressed by the Trailblazers are not necessarily the opinions of the National Association of Landscape Professionals.
Need a Consulant?
Consult with one of the National Association of Landscape Professionals Consultant Member. These members are a valuable resource who hold a vast range of knowledge and expertise.
- Need advice on how to get your business to the next level?
- Having trouble navigating the right way to diversify your company?
- Need to change your sales strategy but not sure how?