Arlington National Cemetery & The Lincoln Memorial on the National Mall
For 25 years, Renewal & Remembrance has been a signature association event. Each July, lawn care and landscape professionals from across the country donate their time and expertise to enhance the grounds at Arlington National Cemetery and honor the men and women buried there. This is the second year NALP will have an additional volunteer location on the National Mall, at the Lincoln Memorial. We encourage you to join us and give back!
What to Expect This Year at Arlington National Cemetery:
The number of participants at ANC will be limited and based on the need for each project. Volunteers not assigned to projects at ANC will be assigned to the Lincoln Memorial project on the National Mall.
What to Expect This Year on the National Mall:
- Volunteers will complete projects including top dressing turf, renovating irrigation zones, installing lightning protection on designated trees and installing new plants.
- The Children's Program is back this year! Volunteers’ children aged 12 and under will be invited to participate in activities specifically designed for them.
- Volunteers' Family members aged 13-17 are welcome to join as volunteers at ANC.
In partnership with the Trust for the National Mall and the National Park Service, we have a substantial project at the Lincoln Memorial this year.
- For the 100th anniversary of the dedication of the Lincoln Memorial, which honors President Abraham Lincoln, volunteers will be creating landscape beds around the existing plants that surround the Lincoln Memorial.
- For the first time, we will be hosting a Children’s Program at the Lincoln Memorial. Volunteers’ children aged 12 and under will be invited to participate in activities specifically designed for them.
- Volunteers' Family members aged 13-17 are welcome to join as volunteers at the Lincoln Memorial.
There is no fee to participate in Monday's events. Please note that there is a $50 per person fee for the reception and dinner on Sunday evening, July 17th, at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View hotel.