In a partnership between NALP and the University of Georgia, lawn care and turfgrass professionals can enroll in the Principles of Turfgrass Management Certificate Program (formerly called the Lawn Care Manager Certification) and expand their knowledge in all aspects of turf management.
This self-paced online course covers:
- Management of turfgrass through heat, cold, and drought stress
- Maintenance of turf under shade
- Improvement of turfgrass wear tolerance
- Treatment of gasoline and oil spills on turf
- Facts about liquid versus granular fertilizer
- Truth about growth enhancers
- Use of water-absorbent polymers for improving soil/water relationships
- Cause and control of thatch
- Importance of proper customer communication
Upon completion of the course, participants are awarded a Certificate.
The cost of the course is $369 for NALP members.