Accreditation is the National Association of Landscape Professionals endorsement of colleges and universities with outstanding landscape contracting or horticulture degrees.
BENEFITS OF ACCREDITATION
Accreditation is the National Association of Landscape Professionals endorsement of colleges and universities with outstanding landscape contracting or horticulture degrees. This recognition is extended to schools that meet or exceed industry standards for a model curriculum. The Accreditation program can serve as guidance to create and/or improve program curricula. Graduates of accredited programs are highly sought after by every facet of the landscape profession. Companies know any student from an accredited school has the training and skills to enter the workforce and make an impact right away.
The National Association of Landscape Professionals Accreditation is the only nationally recognized endorsement offered to colleges with landscape/horticulture curricula. It is designed to recognize schools with landscape contracting curricula that meet or exceed industry standards. Accreditation provides guidance to create and/or improve current program curricula, while providing both local and national recognition.
- National recognition as a quality landscape contracting/horticulture program exams
- Use of accreditation for recruitment, program promotion and marketing
- Access to NALP members for internship or full-time employment opportunities
- Participation in the National Association of Landscape Professionals nationally recognized event — The National Collegiate Landscape Competition
- Significant discounts on select Landscape Industry Certified exams for students and faculty.
- Access to the latest industry technology through publications
- Outstanding networking opportunities for faculty and students
An internship program is an investment that can yield rich rewards for all involved, or it can be a disappointment and ultimately detrimental to all parties. This document will provide guidelines any company can follow that will result in a successful internship experience.
NALP Accredited Schools
To view a listing of current NALP Accredited Schools click here.
Keep your accreditation status in full compliance, complete your Annual Report by December 15, 2017, click here.
For information on being coming an accredited school click here.
Having an academic program endorsed and recognized by a national industry trade organization is both an honor and a privilege. This seal of approval benefits the industry, the educational institution, the faculty and staff, and most importantly of all, the student.
— William A. Anderson, Associate Dean/Director