FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Lisa Stryker
ADVOCACY, COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP AND ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP AWARDS PRESENTED AT RENEWAL AND REMEMBRANCE AND LEGISLATIVE DAYS
Fairfax, Va., (JuL. 25, 2018) In keeping with its history of honoring a commitment to professionalism in the landscape industry, the National Association of Landscape Professionals has named its 2018 Advocacy, Community Partnership and Environmental Stewardship Award winners. Honorees include the following.
- Jeff Fedorchak, Vice President of Corporate Affairs at TruGreen, received the 2018 Advocacy Award for his work managing NALP’s Public Affairs Advisory Council, his work on Pesticide Preemption as well as his tireless focus on state and local regulatory issues.
- LandCare received a 2018 Community Partnership for Outstanding Community Company Culture Award for their national community care day that allowed each of their 50 branches to create their own volunteer service projects in their communities.
- MasterScapes received the 2018 Community Partnership for Outstanding Service Project Award for their work renovating and providing year-round maintenance for a popular local children’s park and garden
- TruGreen received a 2018 Community Partnership for Outstanding Community Company Culture Award for their national TruNeighbor campaign, that completed renovation projects across the country, for people and groups in need.
- Quiet Village Landscaping received the 2018 Environmental Stewardship Award for their commitment to sustainable landscape projects including a rain scaping cost-share program, educating clients about pollinator-friendly plantings, and incorporating sustainable elements into more traditional landscape designs, including using native plant varieties, using recycled/locally sourced materials, and permeable pavers.
The National Association of Landscape Professionals represents an industry of nearly 1 million landscape, lawn care, irrigation and tree care experts who create and maintain green spaces. The association advocates on issues impacting its members and offers mentoring and education programs that inspire its members to excellence. Get more information at www.landscapeprofessionals.org.