FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Lisa Schaumann
Contact: Heather Finney
PLANET Announces New Supplier Advisory Council
HERNDON, Va., January 28, 2014 —PLANET, the national landscape industry association, announces the creation of a Supplier Advisory Council which will provide guidance to the PLANET Board of Directors about important issues facing the landscape industry.
The Supplier Advisory Council is comprised of nine supplier members from diverse market segments of the industry. Council members are appointed by the PLANET president and serve a three-year term. The Supplier Advisory Council replaces the previous structure which included a volunteer supplier committee.
The newly appointed Supplier Advisory Council members include:
- Carol Dilger, Corporate Media Manager, Gravely
- Peter Farno, U.S. Lawn & Landscape Business Manager, Bayer CropScience
- Eric Gilbey, Landscape Industry Product Specialist, Nemetschek Vectorworks
- Warren Gorowitz, Vice President – Sustainability and Conservation, Ewing Irrigation
- Daniel Martin, Director of Marketing, Permaloc Corporation
- Roger Phelps, Landscape Industry Certified, Promotional Communications Manger, STIHL, Inc.
- Laurie Riggs, Lawn Care Market Manager, Syngenta
- Gent Simmons, Director – Communications Business Development, Husqvarna
- Ken Taylor, Landscape Industry Certified, General Sales Manager - Corporate Business Division, John Deere
“The structure of the new council, gives industry suppliers a very direct way to bring industry issues to the attention of PLANET’s board of directors, and it will allow us to communicate more effectively with this important segment of our membership,” said Glenn Jacobsen, Landscape Industry Certified, PLANET president. “Our supplier members understand the problems landscape companies face, and this enhanced partnership will help to bring new solutions to the industry.”
The first meeting of the Supplier Advisory Council will take place at PLANET’s executive-level conference, Great Escape, in late February.
PLANET is the national trade association representing more than 100,000 landscape industry professionals, who create and maintain healthy, green living spaces for communities across America. PLANET members are committed to the highest standards in industry education, best practices and business professionalism. Many of PLANET’s professionals have attained the status of becoming Landscape Industry Certified, achieving the greatest level of industry expertise and knowledge. Visit PLANET at www.landcarenetwork.org.