Beginning January 1, 2020, the Landscape Industry Certified Technician-Exterior test will be available online through the National Association of Landscape Professionals, enabling you or your employees to access it from anywhere. There will no longer be a physical hands-on test.
We want to thank all the states who have hosted the hands-on test over the years and congratulate everyone who has become certified through this method. We will continue those high standards of rigorous knowledge testing through the new interactive and secure online platform. We are partnering with state partners to promote the new on-line testing process. Working together we can raise the standards of professionalism in the industry.
Benefits of Online Certification Testing
- Certification testing will be available to every landscape industry professional – regardless of your location.
- You can take the secure online test in any location with a web-cam enabled computer. The test is administered by a live online proctor.
- The test will use the same course material as is being used in the current testing.
What Does This Mean for You?
- If you are in the process of getting your certification, check the testing schedule in the state where you plan to take the written and hands-on test to ensure that you can complete the testing by December 31, 2019.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, you can take the Landscape Industry Certified Technician-Exterior test online.
- The new online test will be based on the same material as the current test.
Want More Information?
For questions about completing the Landscape Industry Certified Technician-Exterior certifications before December 31, 2019, please contact the state association you are working with.
For questions about certification in general, or about the on-line test process, which will begin on January 1, 2020, please contact NALP certification administrator Margo Rash