2017 Scholarship Recipients
Scholarships are being offered to send landscape and horticulture students to GROW!, a three-day seminar which teaches strategies to become a better leader, build a better business culture, and to execute one’s vision at their company. GROW! is an event for Landscape Professionals, taught by Landscape Professionals. Marty Grunder and five industry giants (Scott Jamieson, Frank Mariani, Jim McCutcheon, Todd Pugh and Mike Rorie) will give students a window into the world of running a successful landscape industry business. Students will get an all-access tour of Marty’s award-winning, $5 million company including interaction with Grunder Landscaping team members.
The experience and wisdom shared will benefit the students in many ways--whether it's their first day on the job or they are in their fifth year as a business-owner! In addition to the wealth of learning opportunities, there will be career-building and networking opportunities with approximately 250 Landscape Professionals who attend the event.
Scholarship Submission Requirements:
- Scholarship Criteria:
- Professor Recommendation
- 2.5 GPA or Higher
- Industry Passion
- Video Submission (2 Minutes)
- Name & Contact Information
- College Attending
- Expected Graduation Date
- Career Goals After College--How will attending GROW! help you achieve that goal?
- Expenses Covered:
- GROW! Tuition
- Hotel Accommodations, meals and travel allowance up to $400 (airfare arrangements made by Grunder Landscaping)
- Recipients will be notified by January 6, 2017.
- Winners will also be recognized at the Scholarship Reception during the National Collegiate Landscape Competition, Wednesday, March 15th.
More information about GROW! at https://martygrunder.com/annual-conference-2017/